- Category: Our People
- Published on Wednesday, 13 June 2012 11:09
- Written by Super User
- Hits: 11155
Banking & Finance,
Labour & Real Estate
Javid is a British national and was admitted as a member of the Law Society of England & Wales in 1996*.
On qualification, Javid worked in the Banking & Finance departments of CMS Cameron McKenna, a leading international firm which was then followed by Morgan Cole, a leading UK firm.
Javid has extensive experience in the area of Banking & Finance having acted for banks, local government public bodies, finance companies, corporate borrowers and a range of other commercial and corporate clients. Javid has also acted for insolvency office holders in recovery matters. His experience includes advising lenders and borrowers on bi-lateral transactions, security documents and structures, acquisitions, management buy-outs and general secured lending. Javid has advised on sales of business assets by receivers and liquidators together with advising administrators on placing of companies into administration.
Javid has been living and working in the UAE for nearly 7 years. Immediately prior to his role at Nasser Malalla, Javid worked in leading UAE law firms, during which time he concentrated on financial services and financial regulation where he advised both local and international institutions on all aspects of regulated financial activity and financial business. Javid's practice also includes advising UAE and DIFC based fund operators in relation to both public and private funds.
Recent work includes:
- Successfully advising various DFSA regulated entities in connection with various supervision and enforcement notices dealing with, inter alia, lifting of suspension of financial services activities and representing an entity with requests for compulsory interviews during enforcement investigations before the DFSA;
- Successfully advising a DFSA regulated entity throughout its insolvency and withdrawal from the DIFC;
- Successfully advising and assisting the property division of a well known UAE Bank on arbitration proceedings in defending a significant claim at the Dubai International Arbitration Centre; and
- Advising and assisting a well-known GCC company in an ICC Arbirtration.
* Non-practicing status in England & Wales since 2008.